Staying Safe on Public Transport - What Protection do I Need?
ROSSLYN NORTH SUPPLIES
So things have changed on public transport. In fact, the law has changed, so it’s important that we are all aware and compliant while travelling around England.
Let’s look at exactly what the Government said are the new rules for travelling on England’s public transport network.
From 15 June 2020, it is the law that you must wear a face covering (face mask) when travelling in England on a:
● bus or coach
● train or tram
● ferry or hovercraft or other vessel
● cable car
If you do not wear a face covering you will be breaking the law and could be fined £100, or £50 if you pay the fine within 14 days.
A face covering is a covering of any type, such as a face mask, which covers your nose and mouth.
Wear a face covering to avoid paying a fine!
We’re all used to face masks and coverings by now, they have become quite a normal sight while in public and travelling around our towns and cities and transport network.
So what else do we need to know about safety and hygiene while moving around England?
● There is new guidance on distancing - you should stay at least one metre apart, including when wearing a protective face mask or other face covering.
● Remember that you can be fined for not sticking to the face covering guidelines.
● Extra staff have been deployed across the English public transport system - and will be highly vigilant.
● If you are not wearing a face mask or face covering as now required under law, you will be told to wear one, and if you do not comply, will not be allowed to travel.
● If you refuse, then you can expect the new fines to come into play immediately.
● This requirement for safety face protection applies to all forms of transport; buses, coaches, trains, trams, tubes, ferries, and aeroplanes.
● Ride services like Uber have also made it mandatory for both drivers and passengers to wear a face mask at all times.
Even with all of these new rules in place, people are still advised to avoid public transport unless it is absolutely necessary.
We all want to be safe, and to keep those around us safe.
If you want to know what face masks you need to stay safe on public transport, you can get in touch and order supplies here: www.rosslynnorth.com
Written by Rosslyn North
If you area beautician or clinician and want to know what PPE you need for your salon after lockdown, we'd love to help - call our team on 03330 151 166 or email email@example.com