What PPE do Hairdressers need?
Oh, we’re counting down the days till our beloved hairdressers reopen! Have we ever missed anyone so much?
Firstly - we can’t wait for this question or the answer - When will Hairdressers open after Lockdown?
We don’t know for sure yet, but it is looking increasingly likely that it will be on the 4th July 2020, with appropriate safeguards in place.
Like everything though - things won’t be quite the same after this lockdown period. So we ask the important questions that you need to know before you go get your tresses beautified!
Next, what PPE do Hairdressers Need? What will Hairdressers look like after COVID19?
Although the government hasn't issued specific guidance for hairdressers, we have a pretty good idea of what is needed, to keep both staff and customers safe. Here’s what you can expect when you go back into the salon.
- You can expect your lovely stylist to be wearing a surgical mask - and you may well be asked to wear some form of a mask, too.
- Along with the mask, your hairdresser will also be likely to wear gloves throughout your appointment.
- To complete the outfit - and for your protection and theirs - our hair gurus will probably be sporting either a disposable gown or a disposable apron.
- All of these will be disposed of and renewed between every client, to keep us all safe.
- Increased cleanliness procedures - all stylists will be thoroughly washing their hands and disinfecting between each client.
There will also be other proactive and protective measures in place in every salon. These are likely to include:
- Increased cleaning and disinfecting of all public areas and surfaces, at regular intervals throughout the day.
- All equipment will be thoroughly sterilised between uses.
- Magazines and newspapers removed from all areas of the salon, so as not to spread germs.
- Reduced catering facilities - water dispensers will not be available.
- Bathroom facilities are unlikely to be available.
The good news is though - that with all these measures in place, we will at least be able to get back into the salon and catch up with our hair maintenance!
Many hairdressers are planning for re-opening after lockdown now, and are starting to take appointments - oh happy days!
If you are a hairdresser or stylist and want to know what PPE you need for after lockdown, checkout our website and shop by sector guide - or contact one of our wholesale team for a bespoke quote.